Begin your journey to healthy living with us
EnhanceD Fitness Program
This is a 16 week program focused on building cardiovascular & muscular strength as well as balance.
The research based program is designed for individuals with:
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Classes are offered 3 days a week, and your progress is tracked throughout the entire program.
The Next Session will begin Wednesday, September 7th
Classes will be offered Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays 1-2PM
The program is FREE for YMCA Members and Non-Members pay $25/month
which includes a YMCA Membership (payments must be auto drafted)
- What are you waiting for… CLICK HERE to register NOW!
TAKE ACTION TO IMPROVE Heart HEALTH
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
How the program works
Participants will work with trained Healthy Heart Ambassadors for the
duration of the four-month program. During this time, participants will be encouraged to:
Self-measure their blood pressure at least two times per month
- Attend two personalized “office hour” consultations per month
- Attend monthly nutrition education seminars
Office Hours are held in the Wellness Center
Mondays: 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: 8-9:00 a.m.
Thursdays: 6-7:00 p.m.
Program begins August 31st, 2016
Nutrition Education Seminars
Seminars will highlight the importance of practicing healthier eating habits.
Seminar topics include:
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) Sept.13th 1:00
- Reducing sodium intake Oct. 11th 1:00
- Shopping, cooking and food preparation Nov. 8th 1:00
- Eating for your heart Dec. 13th 1:00