New Years Eve 5K
Join us as we say goodbye to a crazy 2020, and hello to an exciting 2021.
Race Date: Thursday, December 31st
Location: 2 Mile Run Park (The race is an out and back from 2 Mile Lodge to Gypsy Glen Park)
Time: Race is a staggered start beginning at NOON. (Your start time will be based on your estimated finish time)
Fee: $30.00 and registration CLOSES December 30th.
There will be no awards ceremony. Awards can be picked up at the Beaver County YMCA starting Monday, January 4th.
Award given for the following:
- Top 3 male/female
- Top 3 male/ female masters
- Top 3 male/female youth (17 & under)
- Top 3 male/female
- Ages 18-29
- Ages 30-39
- Ages 40-49
- Age 50 & up
Restrooms & Aid Stations:
- The 2 mile run lodge will be open for restrooms.
- 1 water stations at the turn around along the course.
- Street parking above 2 mile run park. Additional Shuttle Service information to follow.
- Custom Buff
This race is being organized with a staggered start to aide social distancing efforts. Registrants will not be allowed into 2 mile run lodge area until 20 minutes prior to their scheduled start. This is to cut down on the number of people in the start/finish area at one time. Each participant will have a 10-minute window to start their race. Once finishing, participants are encouraged not to hang around the start/finish area. Participants will be able to grab some pre-packaged refreshments after crossing the finish line. Awards will be available at the YMCA for pick up beginning January 4th.
Course Safety Statement
Please be aware that this is a winter race and weather may affect the road conditions. The Y staff will remove as much debris as possible from the road prior to race day.
The YMCA takes COVID-19 very seriously. We will do everything in our power to offer a safe and fun event for all participants. We have taken several steps to ensure the safety of all participants, staff members, volunteers, and spectators. These steps in accordance with PA-state government & CDC guidelines include:
- Limiting high contact points
- Wave starts
- Encouraging social distancing
- Disinfecting commonly touched surfaces
- Providing pre-packaged food and drinks
- Making hand sanitizer readily available
- Y Staff members wearing masks when social distancing is not possible
- CDC COVID-19 signage displayed at the event
This event was approved during the pandemic and will occur as long as Pennsylvania remains in the green phase. If this event is no longer able to occur due to COVID-19 restrictions, all participants will receive a full refund. Refunds for any other reason will not be granted.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, please contact the race director at email@example.com