History of the YMCA
YMCA Has a Long History in Beaver County Since 1889, the Beaver County YMCA has been building strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. We have strived to meet the needs of our members, as well as our community. From our roots as a Christian organization for men, to our present mission of providing numerous services to families, the YMCA has been a constant in this community.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- We offer programs for children, youth, adults and families. We focus on fitness and fun, while teaching values and sportsmanship.
- We offer high-quality childcare services, offering you convenience and peace of mind knowing that if your child can’t be with you, he/she can be with people you trust.
- We reach out to the community through our annual Christmas of Giving, pairing families in need with others who have enough to share. The families then shop together for Christmas gifts so that even when a family is down on their luck the children will know someone cares.
- The Beaver County YMCA offers top-notch aquatics programs to the community.
- We care about our aging population and offer programs that meet the health needs of seniors, such as Arthritis Aquatics, Silver Sneakers®, and Silver and Fit®.
- We offer financial assistance exceeding $100,000 per year through our YMCA scholarship programs awarding the community, memberships and access to programs based upon requests submitted.
- We offer summer playground service to the youth of Beaver County, including a free lunch program.