Week 1: 6/08/2020 – 6/12/2020
Hello Summer Camp Families!
What an incredible first week we had at Summer Camp! I know your Campers have been coming home tired each day…and to me that’s the sign of a day well played! From Opening Ceremonies in the Gym, to lunch with our Cabins, to specials in the afternoon, each part of our day has been jam-packed with learning, team building, excitement, relationship building, and FUN! We had such beautiful weather this week that we spent so much time outside enjoying just being kids.
It is such a blessing to hear the halls of our YMCA ringing with the laughter of your kiddos once again, after what felt like forever with no one here. There is life coming back to this building, and I feel that it is so fitting that it would be from our Summer Campers!
As you know, Beaver County has officially moved into the “green” phase, which brings along with it some slight changes to the way we will operate. In addition, I wanted to take a moment to send some reminders as we enter our second week of Camp.
- Beginning Monday, June 15, 2020, Drop Off/Pick Up will be outside the gym doors. You will no longer drop off/pick up on the front porch, but will enter the Y and walk to the gym. Parents/guardians should still wear a mask inside our building, and wait at the registration table for a Counselor to retrieve Campers from the gym. Please continue to bring your photo ID through next week as we continue to learn your faces for pickup.
- Please send your Camper a labeled water bottle daily! We are outside quite a bit playing all day, so your kiddos drink a lot of water! A bottle filling station is provided for them to refill throughout the day.
- Campers should wear closed-toe shoes each day. Flip flops and sandals are not permitted, as they do not allow your Camper to participate in all the fun activities we have planned for them. Water shoes should also be closed-toe.
- Please do not send aerosol sunscreen with your child to Camp. Per PA state regulations and our parent handbook, we are not allowed to have spray cans in our childcare spaces. Lotion-type sunscreen is allowed, and Counselors are always nearby during sunscreen application to ensure Campers are using it correctly.
- Check Lost & Found daily (located at registration table).
- Please do not send stuffed animals or any type of toys to Camp with your child. This includes stuffed animals/keychains that hang off of the side backpacks.
- Do not send hand sanitizer with your child. Our Counselors have plenty of hand sanitizer and are trained on when to apply/offer it to the Campers.
- Swimming will begin at Camp the week of June 22! An email with more details on what to expect will follow at a later date.
- Please see the button at the bottom of this email to access the June lunch menu. Your Camper is always welcome to pack a lunch if they do not want the lunch option for the day, but everything in their lunch should be disposable and we do not have access to refrigerator space at this time.
- Finally, we are bringing back Theme Thursday to Summer Camp this year! If you don’t know what that is, each week on Thursday we invite Campers & Counselors to dress up according to the week’s theme! This upcoming week (June 15-19) the theme is “Mad Science”! Feel free to send your kiddo in a cool shirt, or part of their outfit that exhibits the weekly theme. I will announce themes by the week in my newsletter.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions! And thank you for helping us make our first week such a success!
School Age Childcare Director